Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Riding Bikes

Both girls got bikes for their birthdays this year. Isabelle's has been sitting in the garage since her birthday in January because (yes, I know she is nine) she doesn't...correction, didn't, know how to ride.
We took care of that for FHE on Monday.
She picked it up in about fifteen minutes!

Now she wants to ride every day!

Ava is giving no training wheels a go.

But preferred playing with Annie. (We're dogsitting.)

Gotta love it!

3 comments:

Talialisa said...

What is your secret for teaching the art of riding a bike. I have tried and tried with Katia and have failed. I am pretty sure it is the teacher and not the student. :)

Hunnie said...

I don't know--she was just ready. She basically just started doing it on her own! Her dad taught her though. I really don't have any secrets, sorry! How are you guys?

Ammanda said...

So Tom finally got that bike put together, huh?

And Alisa - you didn't ask me, but I'll tell you anyway what worked for us: training wheels 1st (Lindy was on them much longer than Ches, but she's more cautious like that) and letting them try without training wheels on a bike smaller than what they need - that way they're just closer to the ground - not as scary, I guess.