Monday, September 22, 2008

Kidfsfaire!!

After our little adventure to the ER, we did make it to the Kidsfaire. (Anyone who goes next year, I suggest buying tickets before you go--I did, and boy am I glad. The line for tickets was outrageous!) The girls had a blast!

Waiting for the Strawberry Shortcake show to begin.


And there she is!


They were totally into it!

The girls milking a 'cow.' I think we need to get them to a real cow, now that they've got the hang of it!

Check out that form!

The main event---Meeting Dora! Ava loves, loves Dora the Explorer. She was pretty much the main attraction for Ava, so I braved standing in line for 30 minutes to get up to meet her, during which time Ava falls asleep!! (Stinker!) I tried desperately to wake her up when it was our turn, but she was OUT! She stirred for a moment and I told her that we made it to Dora, she cracked a little smile, but notice her eyes are still closed! I have the proof though!!! She did meet Dora!


We kept seeing people with big bags of cotton candy and that is the treat my girls wanted! Every vendor we talked to seemed to be out. Finally, we found someone who pulled us to the side, and very low-key gave us the scoop of where we could 'find some.' We had to go to the back of the food court and look for a cart marked with big red stripes. Well, after our exhausting search, and what felt like an illegal transaction, we too had a big bag of pink and purple cotton candy!!

3 comments:

* Mallorie * said...

Gosh dang those are some cute kids.....They must get it from their FAVORITE AUNT (yes me) First of many trips to the ER I get the feeling!! Love you!!

Stephanie said...

Your girls must have been in heaven. Looks like loads of fun. They are sooo beautiful, and growing too fast.

Lori said...

I tagged you! Check my blog for details!