Monday, September 22, 2008

Human Ping Pong?

Saturday morning we were all getting ready to go to the Kidsfaire. My kids have been looking forward to going all week, so it was easy to get them going. Isabelle ran and got in the shower, where, evidently, she played an impromptu game of human ping pong. She fell and split her chin open--poor girl!! When we got to the ER, I realized that as a responsible adult, I needed to know what happened. As she told me what happened, I couldn't help but picture a game of human ping pong. "First, I slipped and hit my head on this wall" ding, "then I hit my head on the other wall" ping, "then I fell straight down and hit my chin on the edge of the tub" pong, "and slid down into the tub" screeeee (I can hear my girl sliding down the tub!). Long story short, she was given the option of stitches or steery (sp) strips as long as she didn't get them wet. Well, as this is the child that ran away from the nurse the last time at the doctors office when she had to get one little shot, she opted immediately for the strips! She can now be seen sporting what I'm sure will be a new fashion trend among elementary students. So, now at least when your child wants a couple of pieces of white strips taped to their chin, you will know why! If they want the matching black and blue bruises, the instructions on how to obtain them are above!

No comments: