Spring is in the air..............
Saturday morning we woke up to a swarm of bees flying around outside Tommy's window. Apparently the little mesh cover over one of the ventillation holes is missing, and the bees decided this would be a good place to call home. This particular hole must lead to Tommy's room. I found this out the hard way, because when I went in his room to put his clothes away I knelt down to open a drawer, and knelt right on a bee. It's been a while since I've been stung--it hurts!! Looking around, there were about ten dead bees lying all over the place. I closed the door and declared it off limits until the bees were gone. Later that night I asked Belle to go get some pajamas for Tommy from his room, to which she replied, "I don't think so....NO WAY!"
Oh, yeah, we've started our own hive and become beekeepers! I asked Belle what she thought about just keeping the bees for food storage purposes--just think, we'd always have a fresh supply of honey on hand! I thought she was going to cry. It became a more dire situation when Ava was stung coming out of church on Sunday. She was hesitant to even go in the house because she didn't want to get stung again! She finally went in, and RAN past Tommy's room.
Guess we're going to have to store honey some other way!
June 2026
3 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment