Thursday, April 30, 2009

Vain

We all are to a certain point. I've never denied I am a vain person. I like to try to look good. I justify this--if I look good, I feel good. Just a fact of life.
Even as I admit my vanity, I also admit I have to work at it. Which includes a wax job every now and then on the ol' Freida stash. Not crazy about it, but I do what I have to. But, the other day I come across this awesome stuff--cream that removes hair!! How amazing, and painless--no pulling off wax, is that! I buy it, hurry home, and try it out. Directions Leave on for 4-8 min. I'm kinda hairy (it's been a while), 8 minutes it is. I apply and go about getting the kids ready. Eight minutes later, I'm ready to wash my self portrait down the drain. Well....apparently, for everyone who knows anything about this kind of stuff, eight minutes is WAY too long to leave that stuff on!! Picture slow mo, if you can, my washcloth falling to the ground, screaming a la Macauley Culken (as in Home Alone), me falling to the ground begging my husband to 'just get it off!' Long story short, good news is my upper lip is hair free, bad news is it is also SKIN free!!

Yes, that mass next to my lips is a bunch of tiny blisters waiting for me to try to smile.

You know it's bad when your three year old makes a picture of you, and instead of two rosy cheeks, you only have one, and it's right on your lip!!
Ouch! It's hurting all over again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mel, I am so sorry however I was dying laughing reading your post.
Mandy