So a week or so ago I notice Belle carrying her bug container around. I didn't think anything of it, until I saw her carefully putting leaves and twigs in later. Apparently a dog isn't enough, she needed a pet caterpillar. I smiled and sent her on her way bidding the poor caterpillar a painless death yet realizing the end was all too near for him. My suspicions were affirmed a couple of days later when I saw Spring (as 'she' was now known) writhing in her own fluids. I decided to put off the inevetible conversation that would have to happen with Belle. And boy am I glad I did! Turns out that the 'writhing in fluids' stuff is what caterpillars do before forming their COCOONS!! (Yes, I feel stupid.) Anyhow, we now have a butterfly/MOTH to look forward to!
Way to go Belle!
Spring waiting to spring.

No comments:
Post a Comment