After all that learning we took time to play with the kids! We went to the Scera Pool one day in Provo, and dad took all the kids on multiple bike ride trips! He is a great Papa!! The little kids played in the back yard one day while we finished quilting. Tons of fun!!
I had the chance to go to the Temple with my dad one morning at the Salt Lake Temple to do a session. I had never been inside before, so I was excited for the chance. It is beautiful!
I realize I've been overloading on the pictures. Sorry! Well...Not really :)
Grandma Ladd provided all the material for our quilting exploits. Her basement held an eerie resemblance to Joann's....from 1960! It was great!
My mom with her parents

Misty hard at work

Mom and Misty not quite so hard at work!

I think I've got the hang of it!


Posing with their new spreads! Ava however has since held a revolt. She will settle for nothing less than a spread with flowers. I am now hard at work finishing one that will meet her demands!

Mom on bread day. The bread wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be to make and it tasted delicious (if I do say so myself!).

Scera Pool
Ava decided she needed to teach me how to swim. Her lesson consisted of yanking my head backwards, shoving it underwater, pulling me up into her arms and saying 'good job mommy,' while stroking my face! At least now I know how she feels!


Ava sliding into action!
Waiting in line for the big slide. The little one wasn't enough for Ava.
Aunt Mookie
Fun day!

My amazing mother
Taking a well deserved break.

A great teacher.

Also a little bit of a cheater it turns out!! My sister, mother, and I were playing a friendly game of phase ten. I went to check on the kids quickly and came back to the guiltiest faces you have ever seen. Let's just say they shouldn't take up poker any time soon! Mom thought it pretty funny though. She couldn't stop laughing!

Still going.

Still going.

Aren't my sister beautiful
Mookie

Abbos

Not pictured-- Mandoid, and Pete (I wanted the one with you and Seth, Mandy, but decided I valued my life!)
Seth
Emma
Trevin Mookie got him laughing!

Trevin

Grace

Tyler

Savannah

Time to cool off a little more!!

Ava really liked hers!

Fun in the sun!

Ava

Ava

How 'bout some more Ava! (I can't ever get enough!)

Papa was awesome taking everyone on bike rides!! The kids loved it, and I even got to tag along on a couple!


He even made sure Loverboy got in on the fun!


We found a snake in the yard one day. My dad just couldn't resist chasing mom, who is deathly afraid of snakes, just a little bit with it. The kids loved it though.

What's preparedness week without a visit to Costco. The kids thought it was great too!

Papa got a big bag of candy to hide for all the kids. When Ava saw it she was soo excited, she thought it was all for her! Talk about a lesson in sharing!

Grandma and Grandpa's might have to be turned into a Zoo! Snails were all over in their pond. They had fun playing with them, everyone except Belle that is!

They finally got her to touch it. Not for long though!

When I was a little girl, my twisted father dressed up as 'pigman' and gave us a little visit. Warped?....Perhaps. But the legend lives on!



2 comments:
I can't believe we missed you here in Utah by a week. We will be visiting the Scera this week. You are going to have to give me some of the preparedness lessons you got while in Utah. I need to learn so much.
Too fun! I love pig man.
Post a Comment