Friday night date night didn't go exactly as planned....
It started off normal enough. We went to Chili's for dinner and had the 2 for $20 deal. (Just FYI--They have added a few things to the menu that I quite liked and they have been revamping things a bit and it was way better than I remembered it...) We walked out to the car with my goody box in tow, only to discover that our car wouldn't start. Living in AZ, we assumed it was the battery and asked a (extremely helpful and nice) teenage boy for a jump start. Alas, after 20 minutes of trying to get it started we decided that maybe the AZ heat wasn't the culprit this time. But, we just didn't feel like dealing with it...calling a repairman and all that (really, I just didn't want to know what the real problem was and didn't want to face it right then), so we did what any of you would have done (wink!)...we forewent the movie and ice cream and decided to walk home. (Three miles didn't seem that far, and yes, I know many of you would have come and gotten us, but we genuinely wanted to walk.) Tom carried my purse and held my sweaty hand (the entire 3 miles), and we talked the whole way home. I didn't even notice that it was 100+ out, or that my flip flops were giving me gross callouses between my toes, or that I was literally soaking wet! (Well, I kinda started to notice at about mile 2 1/2, but I'm focusing on the good stuff here...) Long story short...Excellent date, with the BEST possible date! (If any of you would like to experience something similar, I'd be happy to tamper with your battery for you--that's what it was after all!)
June 2026
3 weeks ago

3 comments:
LOL - sounds like a perfect date!!
Love how you turned lemons into lemonade!
Fun! Nothing like a "Hot Date". Probably just not the kind you dream of as a teenage girl.
Post a Comment