
This kid 'gets' a lot.
As I reflected on this, and on her as a whole, I noticed this phenomenon comes down to her catchphrase as of late--Got it.
Whenever I ask her to do something, her reply to me is, 'Got it.' And I know it is done. Period.
No need to follow up.
She has always been obedient. She follows instructions exactly. And, at the same time never wavers in doing what is right.
I am reminded of Ammon in the scriptures. He became a servant of King Lamoni, and was told to water the flocks, and when he returned, to tend to the kings horses. While tending the flocks, the Lamanites came and scattered the sheep. Ammon stood against them, and cut off the arms of those who fought him. He then continued watering the flock, returned them to the king's pasture, and went to tend the horses.
This is Isabelle.
Not only does she stand up for what is right, she does so while obeying precisely. I am blessed to have her as a daughter.
(Funny thing--as I typed this I asked my husband who the guy in the scriptures was who was really obedient, who cut off all the arms of the people trying to steal the sheep. His response, "Oh, it's on the tip of my tongue....Isabelle would know.' I asked her, and, of course, she got it!)

1 comment:
Congrats to Isabelle!
And how wonderful that you were blessed with such a great daughter - we totally love her. :)
Post a Comment