Saturday, February 6, 2010

Nine?!

Isabelle is now nine years old! When did that happen?

Isabelle has started reading the Harry Potter books and she really wanted a Harry Potter cake for her birthday. I fretted over this because when I thought "Harry Potter cake" I had visions of broomsticks, wands, and lightning bolts, and had no idea how to pull it off. She finally explained to me that she wanted a literal "Harry Potter" cake. "You know, his head." Fine with me! I told her I wasn't a great artist, but that I would try. She responded that maybe it would turn out better if SHE made the cake. Even better! Why didn't I think of that! Without further ado--the Harry Potter cake!

Note the lightning bolt scar on his forehead. There are glasses as well, but the light colored frosting she used for them didn't show up very well.


One of her presents was a bike. Unfortunately, we ran into a few glitches putting the thing together. Let's just say we're not the handiest of families! Long story short, she unwrapped the bike box. After a few days (or weeks), we finally figured things out, and she finally has a bike! Too bad we didn't have a magic wand of our own! Maybe a firebolt would have been better than the bike!

Harry Potter loot! All she wanted was Harry Potter!

1 comment:

* Mallorie * said...

oh my, she is a girl after my own heart....I ADORE Harry Potter. Now she and I can play Harry Potter scene it when you come to vitit!