All ready to start!
We had our own mascot even!
The starting line.
The first leg was particularly demanding--so we called in Big Earl! Check out that form!
Like I said, it was a demanding one!
Our team support was given in style!
Water is for....US! (Especially if it is Nicole's 'special' water!!)
I must have poked Tausha putting her number on...she was so good not to say anything!
And she's off!
Heading back to the van after an exchange point.
Annie's running was so delicate she was named Prancer--maybe the key lies somewhere in her playlist. I somehow never got a running shot!
Self proclaimed #2 (okay, her shirt deemed her as such)was a #1 here!
Nothing quite like reaching an exchange point! This one Alisa was particularly grateful for I think!
Trying to get a shot of Tausha.
Finally got it! Too bad she wasn't just getting done with one of her legs--she wears sweat well! :)
Thank goodness for snuggies and slankets!
Finish line.
Taking pride in my accomplishment!
Finally done--A little Jamba Juice helps make everything better!
But a seat was even better!
Van 1 Team shot. These ladies were so much fun! Running 200 miles never looked so good, don't you think?!
Finally heading home.
Sporting my medal!

8 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you did it!
DUDE i am cracking up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Special water!!!!! YOU LOVE SPECIAL WATER!!! so funny! You did so good...YOu are a true athelete running on an injury!!! anything for a medal!! Thanks for posting this! No go get an xray!
oops I meant NOW go get an xray...and no fair you took a shower for your final medal picture!
Way to go!!!
Maybe someday I'll have to run this race! Good job!
Great job!
You showed that can of corn who's boss!! You did amazingly. Melanie, you are now one of my favorite people! I loved having you on my team and I think "special water" rocks!
Looks like an awesome race! How long is it? Made me want to join in!
Post a Comment