We saw this cool purple guy right after we saw a sign warning of poisonous snakes and spiders. Yikes!
You may have noticed Ava's attire during the hike. She wore long pants and a jacket the entire time, even though it did warm up on us. I know she was getting hot because she was sucking on a water bottle incessantly. I finally asked her if she wanted me to hold her jacket in the backpack for her. She started to take it off, and as she did some kind of insect flew in front of her. Immediately, she put the jacket back on and said no thanks! She sweated it out the entire time because she was afraid of the bugs.
Both girls were actually quite bug-a-phobic. Belle refused to use the bathrooms because there were so many bugs inside and ended up holding it the entire time! Whenever we passed a bush that visibly had critters buzzing about, she paused for a few seconds, right before making a dash past it! It would have been funny if it weren't so annoying!
We've got to get out into nature more often!
For more reasons than just that. It really was beautiful.
Wiped out!

5 comments:
The desert has it's own beauty!
I just love your family! (and you are all so good looking too! added bonus...) Your photographs of the mountain views were beautiful. (very well composed my dear!)
I love in that last pic how tommahawk looks like he is fake sleeping.
What can I say--he's a faker-faker-hunsaker!
Post a Comment